Friday, February 6, 2009

Day 2

Only Day 2 and there will be some changes.

It's quickly becoming apparent that I'm going to need to consume milk products in order to eat in this small town. We have one restaurant, one Tim Hortons and one grocery store. Eating out today meant picking through a three page menu and settling on a Caesar salad simply because it didn't have meat. (Originally it was a Chicken Caesar but I asked for it without chicken and bacon bits) then I got the dressing on the side and had to check for anchovies. Thankfully it was cheap and didn't have them.

I'm still going to make an effort not to consume milk since I'm lactose-intolerant but I'm going to consume aged cheese in small amounts and yogurt. These two items have greatly helped with indigestion in previous years.

This challenge is meant to be about changing my moods and losing weight. Although I deeply care about animal welfare I know the conditions my local egg and dairy farms operate in.

I feel it necessary to come completely clean and early on in the challenge to avoid setting myself up for failure.

Dreams
It's only been one day but already my dreams are focusing around food and attempting to ignore meat. They were also extremely vivid and are still stuck in my head. I'll spare you the details as they were silly but fun dreams. I will however give you the key points. I win a cooking competition along with 50 others; a lot like American Idol in a way, and Jamie Oliver was involved.

Moods
Woke up earlier than normal and felt rested but got extremely irritated with little things especially when Terry offered to go out to eat.

Cravings
I want ice cream. No real meat cravings yet but the craving for milk products is extremely difficult to cope with given my limited options. I'm going to allow myself frozen yogurt if the cravings really get bad but I don't think I should indulge in ice cream until after the challenge is over.

Weight Change
Currently I weigh 179.4lbs a loss of 2.6lbs in 1.5 days.
I'm using the same scale but even to me this seems like a huge loss.

Facts and Food

First Meal
- Caesar salad with 2 pieces of garlic bread
Dressing: 78 calories, 8.5g fat, 0.5g carbs, 0g protein
Lettuce and croutons: 82 calories, 1.5g fat, 15.2g carbs, 2g protein
- Tomato juice
50 calories, 0g fat, 13g carbs, 0g protein
- 2 Pieces Garlic Bread
300 calories, 14g fat, 36g carbs, 6g protein

Snack
- Berry Smoothie (2 cups of frozen field berry mix & 1 cup of orange-tangerine pure juice)
250 calories, 0g fat, 59g carbs, 2g protein

- Starbucks DoubleShot Coffee
140 calories, 6g fat and 18.0g carbs, 4g protein

Second Meal
- Egg Noodles and broccoli with portabello mushrooms in a homemade tomato sauce
502 calories, 7.4g fat, 91.5g carbs, 18.9g protein

- 2 Clementines
70 calories, 0.3g fat, 17.8 carbs, 1.3g protein

Grand Total of:
1472 calories
37.7 grams of fat
169 grams of carbs
34.2 grams of protein

Didn't eat a lot today, probably because of lack of choices. Nothing interested me and I was fairly angry all day that I couldn't have something more convenient like a burger or potato skins with gravy and cheese.

Feedback: xanister@gmail.com or follow me at twitter.com/xanister

No comments:

Post a Comment