Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 3

- Bowl: Egg Noodles and broccoli with portabello mushrooms in a homemade tomato sauce
- Beaver Buzz Energy Drink

- 12 grain bagel with light cream cheese, tomato, cucumber and lettuce
- Medium French fries
- Small Cola

- Medium TCBY Fat free frozen yogurt
- Small theatre popcorn
- English muffin with egg and cheese

- Coffee Crisp chocolate bar
- Date Square

That was Saturday. Sure it's vegetarian but it's full of fat and carbs. I actually can't bring myself to get all the nutritional information or weigh myself for Saturday because I know the round-about numbers.


Terry and I went to see "Coraline" in theatres so I had to have junk food. I was also still craving ice cream so I settled on frozen yogurt from TCBY which is mostly fat-free. It settled the craving for the most part although it was icy and not as thick and creamy as real ice cream. All in all, I think theatres around here offer limited choices for healthy eating. I noticed the hot dogs were in large supply but a bowl of cut veggies and dip was over $9 with tax. So I indulged. I kept portions reasonably small but it only barely helped the numbers.

Moods
My moods are beginning to be a bit easier to handle but still no drastic change. I had a really enjoyable time on our 'date night' with no animals or friends around, just Terry and I. Working 7pm - 5am didn't make eating healthier any easier since we have limited choices (truck stops) along our route which aren't known for healthy options.

Cravings
Terry went to Wendy's for supper and I resorted to Tim Hortons. The girl behind the counter seemed confused when I ordered a sandwich without meat and had to double-check with her supervisor to see if it was allowed. Of course it's allowed, it's a bagel with vegetables on it.

Had a minute craving for a double cheeseburger, no onions, extra pickles (my "usual") with fries and sprite but satisfied myself with my veggie bagel.

Feedback: xanister@gmail.com or follow me at twitter.com/xanister

No comments:

Post a Comment